Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cross Park, Gladstone


Every once in a while, when I've got a lot of time, I like to get away. So I go to Gladstone, Oregon. It feels like I'm going to another country sometimes, it's a place of slight unfamiliarity, yet familiar in some ways. I love Cross Park. It's a park with a river that runs through it. I love to walk along the river, think & pray. I also like to go there with friends and sing hymns really, really loud at eleven 'o clock at night, and in the summer, float the Clackamas River to Noelle's grandmother's house in inner tubes, maybe pretend to be pirates so four-year-old Matthew doesn't get too frightened by the rapids. I don't know what it is about this little town, thirty minutes south of Portland that I really love? I don't have the slightest clue. But I'm here today, sitting in Crossroads Cafe, reading Explicit Gospel by Matt Chandler. (Highly recommend this book.) Here are some photos I took this afternoon on my river walk. Enjoy <33
















No comments:

Post a Comment