Monday, December 17, 2012

Yoga & White Christmas

BIKRAM, BIKRAM, BIKRAM.
This morning I moseyed on over to Bikram Yoga Fremont for my first ever yoga class. Bikram Yoga = Hot Yoga. The classroom is heated to 105 degrees, and I was immediately dripping sweat at pose 3 of 26. I'm pretty sure this is the most intense workout I've had in my entire life. Seriously. Once I was finished, I went home and took a nap - I was so exhausted. And because I took some miscommunicated advice from the class to not eat a couple hours before class, I woke up, got ready and headed straight to class without eating or hydrating myself. So I was dehydrated and exhausted all day - headache and all.

Despite my exhaustion from my first ever yoga class, I'm still hopeful. There are a lot of great benefits to yoga. According to Bikram Yoga Fremont, "the postures flush the cardiovascular system and stimulates the endocrine and nervous systems. As your body adjusts and self-regulates, enzymatic and hormonal balance is achieved naturally." (Check out more benefits of all the various poses at their website).

I can already feel some of my digestive tracts being aided, and well other things I might not mention here.

WHITE CHRISTMAS
It's supposed to snow in Portland tonight, apparently. So what better way to start the Christmas miracle by watching White Christmas with Bing Crosby with Kelly Jo! Casa Roja, a small house on 84th where four amazing women live is a cozy place to cuddle up with blankets and watch Crosby sing, "Snow." I'm so thankful for the women of Casa Roja, mainly because they're single, but also because of their wisdom, counsel, and just plain beauty. Love those girls. <33


No comments:

Post a Comment