Thursday, December 11, 2014

Senior Portraits: Emma

Emma

My lovely friend, Emma. She's a quiet one, but a woman of fierce and bewildering confidence and graces of Jesus, mixed with a meekness that makes you anxious to find out what she's thinking, and a nod of "mmmm, yeah" when she tells you. I've learned a lot from Emma, especially the quiet part. I'd like to have enough self-control in me to be okay with not speaking all the time as she does. She's become my Sunday buddy. We love to sing together, to dream together, and to talk about Jesus together. Emma is made of gold; a gem. 



Although she's about 10 years younger than I, her maturity surpasses mine. I find that happens to me quite often... I wish I were as mature as her when I was eighteen. One thing I've found so impressive about her, is that difficult ability to trust in God, and to trust the people that God has put in your life. It takes a humble and gentle spirit to submit to those whom God has given to us, and to search our hearts and agree, when the sheep in us would like our own way. Emma can conquer that. She's just that cool.

I had the pretty cool chance of taking her Senior Portraits. She's a beaut, and boys beware: there are a lot of channels you must cross to get to this lady: a mighty warrior of a father, a pretty high quality bro that you'll have to match, a praying church, and well of course, me. Those are tough channels, so girdle up your loins and get to moving on becoming a real man. 

We had a pretty fun session in the blistering cold and, really really windy shores of the Willamette River on Portland's downtown waterfront. I feel lucky enough to have gotten a handful of decent photos with everyone's hair flying around and our fingers about to freeze off and such. We also found our way to Emma's most favorite place in the world -- Powell's City of Books and warmed up there with just about every other Portlander downtown. Good times were had by all. Props to Brooke for coming along and giving me pointers for some pretty sweet model poses. Thanks Brooke.






















Portland Waterfront | Downtown Portland | Powell's City of Books

No comments:

Post a Comment