Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Farthest South

These fellas are driving to Tierra Del Fuego, Argentina from Seattle, Washington.



   I can't believe it, but I can. They've been talking about this trip to Patagonia for a while, and I knew they were capable of such a feat, but oh man, they're actually doing it. Seth and James are embarking on a ridiculous journey. They started their adventure today from Seattle to Portland to visit some friends. They're next goal is to make it across the Mexican border this Friday the 20th. From the words of Seth:
Last winter, James Lewis called me up one day and suggested we finally do the trip to Patagonia that we’d been talking about for a couple of years.  So planning began.  September 16th, we will leave for a grand tour of the Americas, ending in  Tierra Del Fuego, Argentina.  En route, we will pass through thirteen countries, 15,000 miles and approximately 105 degrees of latitude.  The road trip of all road trips.  In Ushuaia, Argentina, the southernmost city in the world, (assuming we get there) we will end our valiant car’s life and fly home for Christmas!
   Seth has created a blog on wordpress.com called The Farthest South, if you want to read about their adventures. I'm sure they'll have many great stories to tell, and I know I'm definitely looking forward to it.

 If you're following them, make sure to also be praying for them! I love you guys. Safe travels to Patagonia!

No comments:

Post a Comment