Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Celebrate & Display


It's been pouring, downfall, fall, falling rain, all day. As I was preparing to cook dinner, I glanced beyond the windows, outside. My heart jumped a little to see the rain, pouring, the clouds looming, the cold, windy chills out there. And then, wait. Wait, my heart just jumped to the fact that it's raining outside? It's still raining. Yes, it's raining and dreary outside, and I'm still content.


What an odd idea for me. I've been sitting this mansion-like house, and I feel as content as ever. I don't know if this is a good idea, to feel this way. I am not quite too sure why I feel this way. Being alone? Knowing I have pretty much everything I need here. Or am I becoming an introverted-loves-to-stay-home, please-don't-come-over-and-ruin-my-quiet kind of human being? Yikes. I hope this is not the case. I kinda like being energized by people, but maybe not right now...

But things are about to get pretty crazy. I'm moving this weekend...again. New home, new roommates, new neighbors, new pots, pans, bathroom, backyard, living room, mold problems, heat issues, etc. But also, new relationships, new cooking buddies, new garden, new hobbies, memories, running routes, grocery stores, and parks. I'm excited, nervous, anxious, sad and happy. Once I get used to one thing, something always changes, drastically, and God gives me brand new adventures. He doesn't often let me stay still. But He does give me times like this week, where I am rested, ultra rested, in His grace, in His love, in His gifts. I am soaked in comfort and relaxation at the moment, and I am basking in the gloriousness before it all ends tomorrow. 

There is so much beauty in adventures. And by adventures, I mean change. I mean, different. The beauty is the opportunity to find the strength to trust in God for everything I need. The beauty is in the cross, ultimately. The scandalous story of the sacrifice Jesus Christ became to give us the grace and mercy we shouldn't deserve. But we have it. We have the most amazing gift that could ever be given on earth. The gift of unconditional love, the gift of love from the God who created the universe.

To celebrate and display the beauty and glory of Jesus Christ. 

As I recline on this cushy, brown, leather couch in this oversized-for-just-one-person house, sipping on some lemonade and partaking in my delectable Trader Joe's potstickers, accompanied by the pouring rain outside my window, I find I am learning contentment as I grow in my walk with Christ. I find each season of life to be just another part of the journey - the journey with Christ, to celebrate Him and to display His beauty and glory. This is my sole purpose, and what a wonderful purpose at that. 

Who knows where I'll be within this year? I could end up on the streets of Portland. I could inherit a million dollars. Or, I could end up the same. But that's just the best part about serving my God. He asks us to trust Him, and He will give us the gnarliest stories, and the most beautiful spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment