Friday, December 28, 2012

The Triplett Apartment

The Triplett's: new friends of mine, dear friends they are becoming, and long lasting friends, I hope!

They invited me over for Christmas Eve dinner to their apartment down the road from mine. I've been there a few times before, but this week I had gone twice in a row! Not only for a feast, but to babysit their adorable 9 month old son, Elliott, who is, I say, one of the most adorable munchkins around. He is full of personality and big, charming smiles. My favorite is when he pats himself on the chest with one hand and then follows it with both hands in the air like he's riding a roller coaster. So precious.

Elliott in his Christmas present from Grandma. Yes, the roller coaster move.

Megan Triplett (In Every Season) is a sweet wife and mother who loves Jesus and shares her life with me in a real way. Her life resonates with God's wonderful plan and design for her life. Although she struggles (like us all), she presses forward and remains faithful and selfless in the life that has been given to her. Not only is she a wonderful wife and mother --her taste in home decorating also inspires me. She hasn't been in this apartment for a year yet, but she has made it a home sweet home.

 

It's simple, but cute. Megan also has some Country Living magazines hanging out on her coffee table - this may call for some Country Living subscription callings. But that's just it. I love the Portland + Country decorations! It calls to me. I yearn for a Portland-Country home. <333 

Things I love: 
1. Red Star on Christmas Tree
2. Framed Chicken Wire for pinning photos + the Christmas touch with the Christmas lights.
3. Old frames with wedding photos and cute letters (T for Triplett).
4. Simple wooden shelf for pictures.


 

5. 3D "M" decorated in deco.
6. White curved shelves in kitchen with colored pots with cacti.
7. Plates hanging on walls.
8. And of course, you can't forget the table that will hold our feast, decorated in colorful floral table clothes, with blue floral print plates and red checkered napkins!

Megan created a feast! Ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, and more. So good, and so filling. The feast was great -- also joined by the Buckingham family, Uno, and funny Youtube videos. Thank you Triplett's for having this single lady over for Christmas Eve dinner. Love you guys!

Mon.

No comments:

Post a Comment